If you use a humidor that’s important to keep it in good working condition. The one thing that can kill a humidor faster than anything else is bad conditions.
To protect your investment, you need to monitor humidity levels hourly. This includes a cigar hygrometer and an analog (or digital) hygrometer. Ideally, the dial should have 2- or even three-digit precision.
At a minimum, you need something that will prevent your cigars from drying out. Below, I will share with you some product recommendations as well as a buyers guide for the best cigar hygrometers.
|Cigar Oasis Caliber IV Digital Hygromter by Western Humidor||Best Overall|
|Precision Round Cigar Hygrometer||Budget Pick|
|SensorPush Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer||Upgrade Pick|
1. Cigar Oasis Caliber IV Digital Hygromter by Western Humidor
- The Cigar Oasis Caliber IV digital hygrometer has a stylish design with its sleek, modern face on the front panel; it looks fantastic sitting on your mantelpiece
- This model is specifically made for cigar aficionados and it is by far one of the best you can buy if your goal is to maintain the perfect levels of humidity and temperature in your cigar humidor.
- This is one of the most accurate hygrometers in this list and it is considered top of the line when it comes to measuring humidity.
- This item also comes with a setting which allows it also to be used in a wine cooler or humidor cabinet at your home or office as well.
- This is one of the most expensive hygrometers on this list, but for a good reason
- The downside of this model is that to change the settings on your humidor, you will need to access the back of it, which could be difficult depending on how you have it set up. However, this isn’t really a downside to the unit, but more of a set up problem.
This model is guaranteed to be more accurate than standard analog models, and the company recommends that you recalibrate it annually to check and see if it needs to be adjusted.
2. Mr.BoFly 75mm Round Cigar Hygrometer Cigar Humidor Hygrometer Golden
- Clear display
- Easy to use
Finding the right cigar hygrometer for humidors can be tough, especially if you’re new to this all.
Here, we’ll take a look at the features of some of the best cigar hygrometers and give you some idea on what to look out for when shopping for yours.
There are many different types of hygrometers and other accessories on the market – from the simple analog display hygrometers that are commonly found inside the humidor to the digital hygrometers that are easy to use, but harder to read and often come with more complicated features.
3. SensorPush Wireless Thermometer/Hygrometer
- Measures humidity, temperature, and outdoor air quality
- Alerts when humidity is too low or too high
- Can be set up wirelessly via Bluetooth
- Can be hard to read
- A bit pricey
According to the latest review on Amazon from the SensorPush (makers of SensorPush models), this is an innovative temperature and humidity monitoring solution that is basically an “app for your sensor.” Up to now it has been a frustrating experience, as most of us will agree, of having to remember to check up on the temperature and humidity measurements (on older models) and now you can just let this do the tracking for you in the background.
The temperature and humidity SensorPush has been designed for indoor environments. It is Wi-Fi compatible and can be connected through an app via Bluetooth (4.0) so you can get up-to-the-minute on humidity and temperature (factory calibrated with a +/- .2% accuracy). You can receive alerts when the readings are above or below a pre-set threshold, and the sensor will automatically record the highest and lowest readings automatically at regular intervals (default recording interval is every 5 minutes).
4. CyJay Round Analog Hygrometer
- Keeps accurate and precise humidity readings
- Durable and well-built
- Single layer dial protects it from dust and moisture
The convenience of having a cigar humidor is determined by the quality of cigars that are kept inside during the storage period. These humidors are created for preserving the quality of cigars and they are important especially if the cigars are kept in a specific location that is non-environmental and as well offers lesser humidity.
A cigar humidor does not come with a built-in hygrometer, which is a requirement if you want to correctly and effectively set the climate inside the cigar humidor.
With the right humidor and the right cigar hygrometer you can be sure that your cigars will last long and will be of excellent quality.
5. Cigar Oasis Analog Hygrometer by Western Humidor
- Solid, heavy-duty feel
- Analog reading
- Easy to set
- Accurate reading on outside
- Long lifespan
- No in-house reading
- Sometimes needs replacing in a humi
If you have a good vintage cigar, a good humidor and a decent hygrometer to monitor the humidity you should be able to occasionally enjoy one without the worry of damaging your investment.
The Western Humidor Cigar Oasis Analog Hygrometer includes 2 versatile mounting options and represents a time-tested tool that has become a must for any serious cigar collector. It also looks great when placed on a mantel or desk.
Without this tool it might be difficult to keep your cigars in the best smoking condition.
6. HUMI-CARE Rectangle Digital Hygrometer
- Matches the look of your humidor
- Reliable, accurate temperature and humidity readings
- Easy to calibrate
- Large digital screen is legible
- Easy to understand instructions
- Glow-in-the-dark buttons don't glow very brightly
- A little on the expensive side
Humidor accessories can be a little tricky to find, but it's well worth the time to find the right type. You're in luck. We've researched the major best humidors for cigars and gathered a few of the most widely used humidor accessories, including a hygrometer, into one article.
This easy-to-read digital hygrometer has solid-state memory for saving settings and features a large digital screen so that you can see it from a distance.
This analog hygrometer will perfectly match the look of your humidor. The temperature and humidity is displayed in an easy-to-read double dial gauge.
7. Cigar Oasis Caliber 4R Gold Digital/Analog Hygrometer by Western Humidor
- Easy to use
- Large LCD display
The Cigar Oasis Caliber 4R Gold Digital/Analog Hygrometer by Western Humidor is a dual digital/analog feature with one lighted outcome. It makes a great addition to any cigar collection, and it has a great overall rating with hundreds of users who have overwhelmingly left reviews.
The Caliber is the best cigar hygrometer that you can get for your humidor.
8. Xikar PuroTemp Rectangular Digital Hygrometer
- The device is very cheap.
- It is very easy to use.
- The device is very accurate when used with Xikar products.
- The display is very easy to read.
- It is very sleek and elegant.
- It is a bit bulky for a cigar hygrometer.
This device is an essential part of keeping your cigars at their best. Consistent humidity throughout your humidor means your cigars are always under the perfect conditions. Maintaining the right humidity throughout your humidor can be tricky, but not with the Xikar PuroTemp Rectangular Digital Hygrometer.
With the PuroTemp, you can easily measure and adjust the humidity in your humidor – and its precise digital readout provides all the information you need to do it. LCD screen displays your humidity either in percent or in a simple on/